Sit Back Sundays

Sunday, December 20, 2015


*Logs onto Blogger* Oh, crap. Hello. It's me!

I'm not sure if you know this, but it is currently 5 days till Christmas. 5. 5! I'm pretty sure everything speeds up around Christmas time. 

So, how have you been? What have you been doing? Oh, me. I've been trying to not stress over Christmas. It hasn't been working very well, I have to admit. 

There are certain things that stress me out: Dirty things, people, essays and Christmas. There is just such a standard to try to keep. This year, though, it doesn't feel like Christmas. The weather is oddly warm - which I am not complaining about - and I don't feel that Christmassy. I need to watch The Holiday. *Quickly writes that down!* 

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that Sunday is my 'Reflection Day'. It's the day where I try to spend as much time with the birds, and just relax. It can either be our busiest day, or our quietest. I absolutely adore Sundays. 

I still am a bit in shock that Christmas Eve in on Thursday. For some reason, I'm not comfortable with Christmas being on a Friday. I feel like Christmas Day should always be on a Sunday. I don't know why, but it just feels the right day to have it. Sunday is the day we always have off, the day we go visit family and in the UK, we have Sundays Roast. You simply cannot compare Christmas Dinner to Sundays Roast, but they are very familiar. 

I feel that since I am older, I don't feel the spirit as much as when I was younger. Of course I'm excited. I love seeing family and friends, and just being able to revel in the feeling. 

I'm very excited for all the Birds, especially Bear and Remi, as this is their first real Christmas. Not that they know what that means, but they will probably get extra food. 

-

My favourite thing about Christmas is the movies and the music. These are two of my favourite things, which I can never get enough of within the Christmas Period. Here are a few of my favourite films:

1. The Holiday - Easily my favourite. An abstract RomCom featuring some of my favourite actors/actresses: Jude Law (swoon), Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet and Jack Black. Exceptional movie!

2. Santa Claus 2 - The second instalment of Santa Claus will forever be my favourite because of Chet. I feel that if I was a Reindeer, I would be exactly like him. 

3. Love Actually - Not really kid friendly, but a lovely film. 

4. Elf - Pretty sure this has to be on everyone's top Christmas films. 

5. Nativity - This is the most heart-warming film, and just the cutest little film. It makes me remember doing Nativity plays in Primary School. They are some of my favourite memories from school.

-

I have to say this year, I have fallen into Michael Bubles trap. I have downloaded his album and remembered just how much I loved it. Also, Kylies, Pentatonixs and a NOW: That's What I Call Christmas. Oops. Again, here are some of my favourites this year:

1. Only You - Kylie Minouge and James Corden

2. Jingle Bells - Michael Buble (feat. The Puppini Sisters)

3. Christmas Lights - Coldplay

4. Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie

5. One More Sleep - Leona Lewis

-

Are you feeling the Christmas spirit? How do you get into the Christmas spirit? Let me know. 

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. After Friday, the blog updates will be back to normal. 

Wishing you happiness and healthiness, 

Konnie

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...