Oops....

Wednesday, October 22, 2014



I am currently feeling terrible, after having realised that I haven't written a post about my lovely Barn Owl, Breeze. I mean how could I have not written a post about my little baby?! This seems crazy to me! 


Let's get started. I got Breeze when she was 8 weeks old, we bought both her and her sister, Perrie, named after the place we bought her from. The moment we saw Perrie, we knew that there wasn't something right, and we fell in love with her. Most people don't know this, but I instantly took to Perrie as she was the little innocent one, who had some type of disability, be it blind, unable to fly we still don't know. It took me about 2 weeks to want to change to Breeze, as she was the gorgeous Barn Owl who was starting to get feisty yet so loving and caring, so me and Jasmine switched birds. That decision has to be the best one of my life, as she is now what I consider my 'life partner'. I hope to have her around for another 20 years!!! Unfortunately, after only having Perrie for around a month, she passed away, we tried so hard to keep her stable, but she must have caught pneumonia and was unable to fight it off. It took us a while to get over her death, as she was such a lovely little bird who was just brilliant. Fortunately, it didn't phase Breeze too much, and she carried on being my little bird that's full of character and life. 




For some reason, and still to this day, Breeze doesn't like men too much, nor people with chubby/big fingers. However, she has the patience of a Saint, which I couldn't be more thankful for. I am fortunate enough to have her, and display her. I have seen many people overcome their fear of birds/flapping (unfortunately not my mum yet) as people learn to love something they despised. It is amazing watching the transition. I have been lucky enough to get her flying, although she isn't flying solidly free, she is very nearly there! *fingers crossed*. I have to say though, I consider her one of my best friends! I go and talk to her if I need someone else to talk to, she's been a shoulder to cry on, and a friend to laugh and joke with. She is my little gem, and I don't know what I would have done without her. She has helped improve my confidence, as at shows and events, I can freely talk to anyone without being too nervous, I don't stumble or anything and it's all because of her. I have to thank her for so much, which I hope I prove to her with how I, normally, attack her with love and kisses! Aha! I have taken her for walks, with my friends (who I have to say am so glad that they love the birds, otherwise it would be quite awkward, ahaha) and she is good as gold. I have learnt certain things she doesn't like, for example, horses, when there are too many children trying to stroke her, and people stroking her on her perch. I have also learnt how she loves so many things: baths (no matter weather, or time of the year), attention, love, FOOD, sleeping etc. I think I know her inside and out, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Breeze is now 5 years old, and is my little star. She is the one we often bring to shows, weddings, wedding fayres, events etc, as if I go, she goes. She is the best.


If anyone wants to ask any questions about Breeze, feel free to comment below!



Sorry for rambling, but she really is worth it all! 



Love you all, I'll speak to you all soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...