MY FAVOURITE PICTURES OF THE WEEK!

Thursday, September 15, 2016


I'm a very sentimental person - I like to keep pictures as a memory of either the person/thing or just that moment. I've been going through some old and new pictures lately, here are a couple I am really loving!

~


This photo has been the wallpaper on my phone for around 2 years now. I adore it! It is a picture of my old Barn Owl, Breeze, at the Compleat Angler in Marlow. I miss her so much, and I love the memory I have from the day, that I can't get myself to change it. This was taken in September 2014, and she unfortunately passed away in December. I miss her irrevocably. 

If you notice, she had lots of spots all over her 'belly' this signifies that she is female. A male Barn Owl would have a completely white chest - with maybe the few spots. 


To you, it may look like another picture of Breeze, however it is in fact Bear! Bear is my 19 month old Barn Owl, and is my best friend! He is like my little son, I don't know what I would do without him! As you can tell from the background we were at a castle - Hampton Court Castle, such a lovely place! This is another picture I took, and I love that I can see how much he wanted to jump on the post behind me. This was a great day, and this picture will always remind me of it!


Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to Princess Scooby! Aha, no, it is not really a crown! It is in fact a leaf, however with the camera angle, I somehow managed to get it just right. Scooby is so hard to photograph - she either looks directly at you when the camera is down, or is looking in every other direction! She isn't too keen on other people, so unfortunately I'm pretty much the only one who sees this mad eccentric side of her. This is my Scoob! 


This picture is unfortunately not mine! Although I wish it was! If you're following me on Twitter, then you will know how much I have been watching a puppy. I'm broody for a puppy. We had a Golden Retriever called Jester, and he was just the loveliest dog, he got along well with all the birds, and we unfortunately had to put him down just over a year ago. I miss him, and I miss his companionship. You don't know how much they bring into your life until they're gone, and I feel ready for another one. Golden's have been one of my favourite breeds for years, and I would another one. They are such gentle dogs, and are just perfect in every way! If we did get another one, I would want it to be either pale white, or dark Golden. Jester was more yellow than golden, and I would really love a Golden Retriever!


These two buggers are the hardest things to take pictures of. You can't see it in this picture, but I'm pretty sure they hate each other. These are Smokey and Bandit, our two Barn Owls we reared together. Smokey - on the left - is a Dark Breasted Barn Owl, and Bandit - on the right - is a British Barn Owl. There is 10 days between them and are gorgeous little things, however as soon as you put them together, they start to discuss how they can end the world. They're evil buggers, and both very much think they are only children! 


I'm pretty sure this is how my friends introduce me. And, you know what, I would happily accept that.

So yeah, last but not least, I have fallen for the hype of Stranger Things, and let me tell you it is amazing! I went into it not knowing what to expect, and just falling head over heels in love with it. I'm a Sci-Fi lover, and this was exactly what I needed when Doctor Who has turned to nothing! It was intriguing, funny and just overall incredibly well done. I take my hats off to the kids acting! I would highly recommend, I just wouldn't suggest watching it alone or in the dark - it has given me a few nightmares! 


~

These are my current favourite pictures - not including selfies ;) - what are some of yours? 

Konnie

xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...