FINDING MY PASSION!

Monday, September 26, 2016


I've been quite lucky with my life. Sure - alike everyone - there have been some rough patches, really rough patches! Although I have been through a lot in only 18 years, I consider myself lucky to have found my passion at such a young age!

I fell into Falconry. Literally, and figuratively. I fell into it, as it was basically thrust (hate that word!) into my life, and I also fell head over heels in love with it. 

I don't practice traditional falconry - as much as I wish I was - I'm more into the husbandry of Birds of Prey! However, the use of Falconry is used so loosely now-a-days, that I can be considered a Falconer. 

I take my passion very seriously. I've kept Birds of Prey for around 13 years now, and it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

Please excuse the state of my glove, in desperate need of a new one!

I will admit I wasn't as in love with it as I am now! At first, everyone thought I was strange just because I had birds! Children can be very unforgiving. Once I learnt how to get past people's strange looks, I grew in confidence with talking about them. 

It wasn't until a few years ago, though, that I actually took charge of all the birds! It was a very quick transition after my 'father' left, and I was both annoyed and overjoyed! I was suddenly left with 25 birds - half were imprints and were very upset about the new change. This was the big event that everyone talks about. It's the moment you either get crushed, or rise above it all. Luckily for me, I somehow rose from the ashes and took charge very quickly!

25 was too much for my sister and I though! We had to cut down, unfortunately, and it was heartbreaking. I had just got into a routine, and was learning new things everyday! I am grateful that we did this though, it helped the birds go onto homes where they would have better lives, and it made me commit to the birds left 100%! 

They are what I want to commit myself to 1000%! They make me be a better person, they make me want to keep learning and advancing my knowledge! However - alike many people - I cannot do my passion full time yet



This is one of the reasons I made bopandothers.blogspot.co.uk, I wanted somewhere to share my passion! To me, everyone deserves to know about the amazing birds I own and work with!

I want everyone to learn as much as they can about Birds of Prey, as people have no idea about them or their conservation!

One thing I learnt today - Bubba doesn't like the camera!
Social media - including blogging and YouTube - are big platforms to share your lives on. In August 2014, I wanted to get myself out there. That is when I started this blog, and it's been my outlet since! I also uploaded my first YouTube video on the 30th March 2016 - showcasing my gorgeous African Spotted Eagle Owl, Tango

Having my blog (and YouTube) let me put two of my passions together - I got to have my birds and got to tell everyone about them! I'm so grateful for this!

My two passions...

Falconry is my passion, and I'm so proud to say it. One day soon, I hope to make it my career. For now, I will suffice it being my hobby!

-

What's your passion? Is it your career? Do you wish it was?

Konnie

xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...