TUESDAY TALKS

Tuesday, August 22, 2017


Wow. What a week. I feel like so much has happened, and I need to sit back and write! 

I love Tuesdays. I see them as a reflection day. A reflection of all that happened last week. It should be Monday, but you're always too busy on Monday catching up from the weekend. Tuesdays have the balance of calm and busy to help you reflect on everything that's happened. 

This past week has not been good. Personally, it's not been good. Generally, it's been terrible. 

Last Tuesday, 15th August 2017, we lost one of the birds. Unfortunately, last Monday, Chillie started acting a bit weirdly. I brought her in and tried to feed her up. She rejected everything. We tried everything we could, however, she passed away in my Mum's arms around noon. This was such a big shock to us all. It was inconceivable. This was my mum's first bird: She hand reared her, hand fed her, held her and was doted on constantly. It killed me to see her reaction. 


As much as Chillie was a pain, she was loved and loved back every second. She was gorgeous and so well natured. Although she was stubborn 50% of the time, I couldn't fault her. I miss her terribly. 

Rest In Peace, my love. You will never be forgotten. 

~

Whilst we have such beautiful things, we also have such terrible and horrifying people in this world. Last Thursday, in Barcelona (Spain), some terrorists drove their van into a group of people. In doing so, they killed 13 people and injured in excess of 130. Hours later, there was another attack which led to one person's death and 13 people injured. 

One thing I will never understand about this world is religion. Religion is the one key thing that always takes away the chance at world peace. Although, we shouldn't be tying these 'terrorists' to a religion. If they believe that a higher being is telling them to kill and injure people than they are sorely mistaken. These people are nothing but cowards, and their names and faces should never see the light of day. They made a decision that day, which was to kill somebody. If that doesn't sound wrong to you, then please re-evaluate your life and your life choices. 

~

Charlottesville. 

How can one word - one state - hold so much hate. 

Nazi is a word we all have heard about. It is used mostly whilst talking about Hitler and WW2. It's not a nice word. It was and still is used to define terrible people, who do terrible actions. 

If you haven't heard or seen any pictures from the 'rally' then I would recommend looking. The world looked like it transported back 100+ years to when we would burn witches! 'People' were running around with torches and signs saying 'white lives matter'. This was all over a statue being taken down. WHAT!? Yeah, I've said that to myself a few times over the past week! This took place on Friday 11th August. 

On Saturday (12th August), they clashed when they were faced with counter demonstrators. I heard about this late Saturday afternoon, and was horrified by all the videos I had seen on Twitter. There were cars driving through crowds without caring for safety. The state was quickly put into a local state of emergency. 

At 1:42pm, Heather Heyer was murdered when a car rammed into a crowd of protestors. 19 other people were injured in this. 

Again, WHAT!? 

I can't fathom this. My brain won't let me accept what happened. This is ridiculous, and horrifying! A white supremacist rammed his car into a group of people protesting (as he was doing) and killed a young woman. 

I can't talk anymore about this without getting mad, so I will wrap it up there! If you want to learn more about Heather, I would recommend it, especially her mothers speech at her funeral. It's incredible. 

~

On a more positive note, yesterday was a solar eclipse. It was the first America has witnessed that has gone from coast to coast. In the UK, we didn't really get anything, although it was around 8pm! The best thing about solar eclipses are 100% the pictures! 



How can we not talk about Trump looking at the eclipse, even though he had 'eclipse glasses' and it hurts your eyes! This man, is president of the 'free world'. 

~

Tuesday should be everyone's reflection day. Just take 10 minutes out of your day, and think of everything that happened to you this past week, and then think about everything that has happened in the world. It's a good exercise. 

I hope you enjoy your Tuesday. 

I will see you soon. 

Konnie

xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...