November Goals

Thursday, November 05, 2015



So...October Goals didn't exactly go as planned! I haven't played the ukulele since I did the post, my room isn't clean and I haven't completely manned Remi. However, on the plus side, I have been doing more exercise. I try to take a walk at least once a day with one of the birds, and I do lots of little workouts when I can. I also feel I am a lot happier. I have things to be happy about, for example: how far Remi has come. 

I wouldn't count that as a disaster, more like a setback. I am working on it. I just need more time!

I thought this month, I would give myself more accomplishable goals! 

1. Be more creative with free time. 

My time lately has been hectic, I've been having to help Mum, cleaning the birds, taking them on a walk, editing stuff on the computer, everything. I feel like I don't get much me time, or when I do, I spend it just on YouTube. I want to be more creative with my free time. I have set a goal where, by Christmas, I want to play Let It Snow all the way through with no mishaps, on the ukulele. I am halfway there, but I still have a long way to go. I want to look into what leather I need to try and make jessies with. I want to have a list of scheduled blog post going up at different days and times. I want to be much more organised than I am. 

2. Spend more time with all the birds!

Now don't get me wrong, I spend time with the birds. However some days I feel as though I don't pay attention to all of them. Lately, I have been spending a lot of time with Remi, this is so I can mann him down quicker and easier. When I do this, I feel guilty for not spending time with Scooby or Tango. It's so hard to try to divide your time up when you have more than one bird. They all require different attention. Remi loves going out on walks, Bear loves flying, Tango likes to just sit on your and watch everything, and Scooby. Well Scooby is just Scooby, the sometimes cuddly, sometimes ferocious beast. I just find it hard to find time to spend with all of them. Especially right now, the winter months are upon us which means it gets dark around 5pm, and by that point it's freezing. With it getting dark early, it makes it harder to find time. This month I will try though. I will!

3. Exercise.

Basically, I need to do a lot more. I want to lose weight, and exercise can help me. Most of the time, I just never have the inspiration to do it. Either that, or I end up getting inspiration around 11pm, and by the time the mornings come around I couldn't care less. Ideally, I need to start jogging. So it is something I am going to try. I will go jogging at least once this month!

4. Drink more water.

I am someone who suffers from migraines. I get them if I've been staring at my computer too long, been squinting at the TV because I couldn't be bothered to grab my glasses, if I'm around annoying kids, etc. I feel that one way I can help decrease the probability of them is to drink more water. I drink a lot of it anyway, but I'm going to aim for at least 2 litres a day. I think I can do it!

5. Appreciate the little things.

Having the happy goal in last months goals really helped me try to see the happiness in some situations, and I put myself in more situations where I could involve myself in peoples happiness. This month, I decided to change it about. I chose to try and focus on the little things. These are the things I appreciate more. I'm someone that likes big things happening, like surprises. However, the little things happen more commonly. For example, going out for that photoshoot with the birds. That made me so happy, because I finally got a chance to capture my take on my birds. They're wonderful creatures, and I don't think people always see that side in them. Here's a link to go check out some of the photo's: Impromptu Leaves Photoshoot. I also appreciate taking time out of my day to talk to people in our village. Over the past week, I feel I have gotten to know a few people in the village a lot more than normal. It's lovely to talk to people who express their passion for animals, and for it to rival against your own. That's my favourite thing. 

-

Doing monthly goals is something that I'm starting to love because it's something I kept referring back to. It wasn't just some list I made in my head that I can edit around, it's in black and white and something I want to strive to achieve. 

Have you ever set yourself monthly goals? Or daily? 

Konnie




You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...