REMI'S ONE!

Friday, May 13, 2016


Today, Friday 13th May 2016, my gorgeous Red Tailed Hawk, Remi, turns one. One!? ONE?!?!? How has this happened? 

I don't speak of Remi often. He's still my little Work In Progress. He's a stubborn little one, but he has the sweetest personality. 

Remi is, as I previously stated, a Red Tailed Hawk. If you are American, you have definitely heard of these. If you are not, RTHs are a common Bird of Prey found all across North America. As the name states, their tail as they mature, gets red. It's their significant feature. If you are British, I would say they are the American version to the Red Kite. In America, you are allowed to trap these, if you have a license. As these are not indigenous , I bought Remi from a breeder. The breeder was very informative, and has helped me a lot over this past year. 

 Remi has taught me many things. He has taught me patience, a heck ton of patience, and determination. He's been a hard one to crack. Not only was he our first RTH, he was also our first Parent Reared bird. It makes it about 10x harder. It took me a very long time to just earn his trust. He isn't silly tame, but he trusts and respects me, and I love our little bond. It's an intense thing, and it makes me love him more. 


From seeing other peoples Red Tails, I've realised how golden Remi is. Pictures of him do not do him justice, he is stunning. If you looked at just his head, he looks like he is cross with a Golden Eagle, he is just... *heart eyes*!


As he is now one, he should start to mature looks wise. He is currently somewhat in moult. As much as it pains me to say this, he will lose the pale colours in his feathers, as well as his gorgeous grey eyes. He will become a lot darker in colour, and his eyes should turn a dark brown. The one thing I am looking forward to is his tail. I cannot wait to see him as a proper Red Tail, instead of his usual juvenile feathers. I will keep you posted on his change! 


He is my little boy, and I couldn't be without him. I can't wait to see how he changes, and to see how he changes me. Happy Birthday my little fella, I hope you know just how much you mean to me. Let's rock your second year! Remi'll be coming at cha soon, you better watch out!

~

Even on the nights, I've felt like giving up, he's given me reason not to. He is my best buddy. If you can't say that he's the most handsomest Red Tailed Hawk you've ever seen, you are lying! To both me, and yourself! 

What's the most common bird in your country? Ours is currently the Red Kites! 

Again, Happy Birthday bud!

Konnie

xox


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Instagram...